The Garden Heritage (Restoration – Care – Presentation)
Twenty years after the last event, the international conference ICOMOS/IFLA returns into the Czech Republic. This time, it will take place between September 21 and 23, in the unique UNESCO heritage sites in Prague and Kroměříž.
Just like the first meeting in 1977, this year’s event will mainly focus on the restoration, care and presentation of historic gardens. Numerous historic gardens have been successfully restored since the last conference. However, there are still serious issues and difficulties concerning many heritage sites. For these reasons, we would like to invite professional garden and landscape architects, and also anyone interested in the history and current situation of gardens and parks, to discuss these issues. Therefore, we invite our colleagues from all over the world to share good practice in the garden care and presentation once the demanding restoration work is done, and also to share latest information on garden archeology, historic documents and other sources of knowledge. The discussion will focus on three main topics, related to historic gardens and parks, their future and possibilities of their adequate preservation, as well as modern forms of their use and presentation. The key specialist speaker of this section will be Mr. David Jacques from the United Kingdom. Ms. Monica Luengo from Spain will follow up with the presentation on the restoration and aftercare. The next section will cover ornamental gardens, with special emphasis on vegetation, its history, research and use. The key speaker will be Mr. Jochen Martz from Germany. The second part of the conference, focused on the interpretation and presentation of gardens, will take place in Moravia. The key speakers will be Mr. Herman van den Bossche from Belgium, and Ms. Emanuela Borio from Italy. In addition to sharing experiences, the program will present the key garden heritage sites in Bohemia and Moravia.
- Registration form, practical information and the new conference programme released.
- Conference Committee selected presentations of 21 garden heritage professionals from 12 countries all over the world.
- Abstract submission date is over, no more proposals are accepted.
- Conference registration closed on 4 September, 2017.
- Conference languages: Czech, English
- Entrance fee: 200 EUR (students: 100 EUR).
- Entrance fee will cover:
21. 9. – registration, coffee break, lunch;
22. 9. – Prague historic gardens guided tour, transfer to Kroměříž, refreshment in bus, Methodical centre for garden culture presentation, guided tour, concert and reception in Flower Garden in Kroměříž;
23. 9. – coffee break, lunch, Chateau garden guided tour, transfer back to Prague.
- Entrance fees do not include an accommodation and travel expenses.
For any question use conference e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 31. 8. 2017 – final version of articles
- 4. 9. 2017 – closing of registration